Wednesday 15 May 2013

A Dog's Gotta Eat Too...

Hello friends! <3

It has been awhile since I've last posted...life sure has been crazy! But I am back at it with another post! I wanted to talk a little about what we feed our pets...

When I first brought Gracie home, her breeder told me that she had started them on IAMS. Immediately, I knew that I did not want to feed her a commercial brand like that (no offence to any IAMS users! Maybe I can change your mind by the end of this ;)...

I felt very overwhelmed when trying to pick the perfect brand of dog food for my little girl. I contemplated making her a Vegan dog lol but she grew so bored of her Vegan kibbles. So instead of throwing the expensive bag out which she hardly made a dent in, I made the decision to add chicken, turkey and salmon as the only meat to feed her. I still use her Vegan kibble but always throw in fresh vegetables (Spinach lover!!) and her meat. I know Gracie enjoys her food and I want her to be able to feel satisfied after eating. I would hate it if I had to eat the same boring food everyday, and I want her to be happy when she's eating. If salmon or turkey does the trick, then so be it!

One day while out buying her usual food, I stumbled upon a Pet Store that sold RAW meat... apparently it is the new thing to feed your pets! :O I was told that raw meat is the way to go and the animals that eat it, don't experience chronic diseases/allergies like the ones who eat regular cooked food. However, being a Vegan, I know I couldn't stand seeing a huge raw piece of beef/pork/chicken in my fridge!! I've decided that I am going to stick with the food I chose to feed Gracie, since I know she loves it! I would rather feed my dog fresh vegetables and a little cooked meat, then throw her only a hunk of raw meat. Just my opinion! Let me know your input on this topic. It can be a very heated one that is for sure. As long as you are feeding your dog quality ingredients with NO BYPRODUCTS, they will be healthy! 

Here are some great healthy dog food brands:

Halo
Pinnacle Holistic
Solid Gold
Blue Buffalo
Karma Organic
And making your own! lol :) There are lots of great recipes online that your dog/cat will love! 

See ya later! Happy fit day <3  

-Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment