Thursday 23 May 2013

Thirsty Thursday Challenge!

Hey everyone! <3 How is your day going?

I started mine off with this tasty bowl of oatmeal...

This was heaven on a spoon........... <3

Here is the recipe if you would like to try! I will also be putting it under my "breakfast tab" so you can find it easier later on!

In a small pot, combine your dry ingredients first:

1/3 cup rolled oats (I have not tried quick cooking, so I don't recommend) 
1 scoop protein powder (I used Raw Protein *plain*)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix this well and then add in 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk/fave milk
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt (you can sub more milk for this if you like)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
*1 mashed banana.... see instructions below!

Mix everything well and bring to a boil. Reduce to low-medium and stir frequently. You can even add some water if you would like *no more than 1/4 cup*. Once mixture is coming together, mash 1 banana and add in. Stir together. Remove from heat after 8 minutes & serve with desired toppings!! 

I also wanted to bring to your attention about a new challenge I would like to start! It isn't a huge deal but it should be! Haha. It has to do with your daily dose of H20!!! Do you know how important it is to consume enough water during the day? Your hair, skin, nails and brain (random I know lol) depend on water to replenish and thrive. So I am aiming at 2 litres a day!!! Who else will join me? There are lots of ways to track your water intake... various phone apps, marking on your water bottle/empty milk jug, or just writing it down! 

One other important piece of information is to not consume very cold water before eating! This interferes with digestion and could leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable. Instead, opt for room temperate water with some lemon squeezed in it & drink to your heart's content! Save that cold water for early in the morning way before eating! :) Or maybe during a workout?

Hope you are all having a fantabulous day! :) Lemme know your feedback on water & how much you consume during a day! What situations do you find it hard to keep your intake up?

-Rach xo

No comments:

Post a Comment