Friday 24 May 2013

A Toast To Good Eats :)

Hi everyone!! :) TGIF! What are your plans for Friday? Any FIT plans??

I love Fridays. I know that I have two days of complete relaxation and low-key exercise. Since getting into an accident a few months ago, I have had to literally put my exercise on halt! :( It's been tough. I rely on my exercise to keep my mind clear and to feel good! I have found some great recovery movements and "exercises". It's all about taking it slow... I got this! ;)

Anyways! I digress... One of my favourite things about weekend mornings is waking up and eating a delicious breakfast. Today, I started my Friday off with a beautiful jar of oats!!

Helllllloooo extra Sunbutter stuck on the sides! Is that anyone else's favourite part? D: Lol <3

And for dinner I had a delicious healthy stir-fry! I used to be a huge lover of Chinese food but once I found out I was allergic to MSG (and not mention it contained HUGE amounts of sodium and fat), I developed this amazingly clean and delish recipe!! I will post below and also in recipes :)


Coconut Cashew Veggie Stir-Fry

Ingredients:
1 package Annie Chun Angel Hair Brown Rice Noodles (can sub for rice)
2 Tablespoons coconut oil *for frying*
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, diced
3 stalks celery, chopped
4 large carrots, sliced lengthways/spiralized
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup bean sprouts (mung beans)
1 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 cup cashews

Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup Tamari sauce
3 Tablespoons vegetable broth
2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 Tablespoons Sunbutter (you can sub Peanut/Almond butter)

Fry up all your vegetables in coconut oil, leaving out cashews and noodles for now, on medium-high heat. The coconut oil gives them an incredible flavour!! You want your vegetables to be tender crisp and this could take anywhere from 15-25 minutes. While they are frying, cook your noodles and make your sauce. Once everything is complete, add your sauce to your veggies, stir well and drain your noodles. Toss everything together and garnish with cashews! Enjoy! :D

What is your favourite Asian dish? Do you prefer Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, etc? I'm a huge sushi fan so I gotta choose Japanese!! And as they would say in Japanese... ITADAKIMASU! (Let's eat).

Have a great night friends! <3 

-Healthy Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment